After in-depth training in yoga therapy, yin yoga as well as pre- and post-natal yoga, Mia and Kate know first hand the incredible benefits of yoga on mental, physical and spiritual health. They hope to share their experience in order to promote women’s wellness, and here's how yoga can help.
YOGA + FERTILITY /
- Yoga promotes a healthy and calm nervous system, reduces anxiety and stress which are often common symptoms of fertility challenges.
- Yoga helps to create good energy flow to the reproductive system.
- Yoga can help to balance the endocrine (hormonal) system.
- Yoga can help the body find balance- internally and externally.
- Yoga classes provide a community and support to women.
- Yoga provides you with tools that you can use to support your own health and fertility.
PRE-NATAL YOGA /
- Yoga promotes a healthy and calm nervous system, reduces anxiety and stress.
- Yoga helps to prepare your mind and body for a healthy birth.
- Yoga provides you with time to connect to baby and bond with baby.
- Yoga classes provide a community and support to pregnant women.
- Yoga gives you tools that you can use during labor to manage the experience in a positive and calm way.
POST-NATAL YOGA /
- It's a Great Bonding Experience With Your Baby - We modify traditional yoga poses so that mums can practice yoga while holding and rocking their babies. The result is time dedicated to bonding.
- You'll Be Able to Ease Back Into Yoga - Unlike high-level adult yoga classes, we work specifically with post-natal yoga and pilates poses that aid your recovery in a safe way.
- It Can Aid in Digestion for Baby - The poses and movements chosen for baby yoga are not done at random - we incorporate some poses that aid digestion and prevent wind build-up, as well as encourage motor skill development.
- It Can Help Baby Sleep Better - Many mums have told me that it's so much easier getting baby down for their afternoon nap after our yoga class.
- It Keeps Baby Happy Through Repetitive, Soothing Motions - Most babies enjoy movement, so the class is different from a traditional yoga class in that we spend the majority of the class in constant motion without holding one pose for too long. We also incorporate music, singing and gentle yoga stretches for baby.
- It Establishes Long-Term Exercise Habits for Baby - Beginning with a strong foundation encourages your little one to normalise exercise as she grows. Perhaps the greatest benefit of all is that baby loves yoga and learns the joy of a healthy lifestyle from the youngest of age.
- It's a Safe, Welcoming Environment - Many new moms are worried about taking their little ones out because of feeding concerns, noise or nappy changes. At your class, all of that is encouraged! If you need to feed baby, don't worry, just go ahead!
- You Can Meet Other New Mums - Hang around after class for a few minutes to talk about your favourite poses or share parenting stories with your new friends.
- So grab that yoga mat and come to class!
Your body and your baby will thank you!